Waldo County Vital Records
Town of Waldo
is centrally located in Waldo County. First settled in 1811,
in 1821 this
area became part of the Waldo Patent, land owned by the Boston
merchant General Samuel Waldo. Waldo had been a
brigadier-general during King George's War. The town was
incorporated in 1845. Heavily forrested, Waldo became home to
many sawmills which provided timber for shipbuilding in Belfast.
In 2010, the population of Waldo was 762.
Belfast Free Library holds Waldo town reports for 1965 and 1978.
These reports do not contain any vital records data.